Thursday, October 29, 2009

Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot

So after a couple of weeks in the office and a trip back to MN for a wedding; I was back in the field on Monday October 26th, 2009. I had landed in Denver on Sunday night at about 10pm and I had a flight the next day at 8:19am. It sucked. I had to do laundry too. Got about 5 hours of sleep.

So I landed, we did a quick DMI calibration (measuring off 2640 ft with a wheel on a straight road then running the truck over and over it). Then we were up to Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot (pronounced Too-zee-hoot; weird I know). They are basically both ancient pueblos of the Sinagua people, whom were native to the region around 1000 A.D.

These were both really small parks, got them both done in about 3 hours. Oh and this is our last trip in this cycle (yay!). 8 parks to go, but all of them can be done in a day or less pretty much.

Here's a map of our drive...


View Larger Map

And here's some pics of the ruins...

Montezuma's Castle (not revenge)...

Tuzigoot

No comments:

Post a Comment